Brett H. Knight is a Partner of the Birmingham, Alabama law firm of Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C. with extensive trial and litigation experience. He concentrates his practice in criminal defense, white-collar crime, drug crimes, DUI, and general civil litigation.
After growing up in Selma, Alabama, he attended the University of Alabama, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Political Science, graduating magna cum laude in 2009. Brett then graduated with his Juris Doctorate in 2012 from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University.
Whether in federal, state, or municipal court, he provides every client with dedicated representation based on in-depth experience in a number of complex areas. His goal is to always guide clients through their matter, from the moment they retain his services to fighting for their rights and best interests during the trial or the appeals process.
Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - May, 2012
- Honors: National Negotiation Team, 2010
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Board, Board Member
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Board, Senior Membership
- Honors: National Trial Competition, Co-Chair
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- B.S. magna cum laude - May, 2009
- Honors: University Honors Program
- Honors: Sigma Alpha Lambda (National Leadership and Honor Organization)
- Honors: Phi Eta Sigma (Freshman Honor Society)
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honors: Golden Key Honour Society
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society)
- Major: Political Science
- Alabama, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2012
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2021
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021