- WVTM13: Legal experts argue inmates' human rights after historic nitrogen hypoxia death
- Bolts: Alabama Parole Board
- Richard Kinder's attorney, Richard Jaffe, expressed frustration at the Alabama parole board's denial of parole for his client, emphasizing the extensive evidence of rehabilitation and reform presented, and describing the decision as an injustice in light of the evolving and challenging parole landscape in the state.
- ABC NEWS: Breaking down Alabama's death penalty laws as state executes inmate by lethal injection
- Trial lawyer Richard S. Jaffe provides expert commentary on Alabama's death penalty laws.
- Huron Daily Tribune: Woman accused of falsely reporting she was abducted after seeing child on road seeks to avoid jail
- Cryptosaurus Networks: Birmingham man charged with $15 million app-based check fraud targeting churches, charities
- Mekhi Devon Harris, charged with conspiracy to commit bank fraud, has retained attorneys Richard Jaffe and Michael Whisonant.
- WVTM13: Hoover police are still investigating if Carlee Russell committed a crime, but could consequences come later?
- Attorney Richard Jaffe provides commentary on possible legal ramifications if Carlee Russell in fact filed a false police report and misled authorities, causing them to expend thousands of dollars in tax payer money.
- WVTM13: New Alabama law enforcement body, dash camera access law comes with multiple interpretations
- Attorney Richard Jaffe comments on a new bill giving law enforcement discretion over when, where and who can see body camera footage.
- Inside the Birmingham kickback scheme that took down a legislator
- Rep. Fred Plump to resign amid conspiracy, obstruction charges
- State Representative Fred “Coach” Plump has been indicted by the Justice Department
- Alabamians reacts to parole denying 90% of eligible inmates
- Gov. Ivey temporarily halts executions in Alabama
- Former UAB football player pleads guilty in nursing student’s death after capital murder conviction vacated
- Ex-fugitive's murder charge in Alabama's jailers has attorneys scratching theirhead.
- Ex-UAB football player gets new trial in Destiny Washington’s slaying amid juror misconduct allegations.
- Death Penalty Information Center | Alabama Appeals Court Rules Trial Court Did Not Abuse Discretion in Denying New Trial for Death-Row Prisoner Toforest Johnson
- Alabama Public Radio | "What is three years on death row worth?" An APR 40th anniversary encore presentation
- Man Sues Police After Being Charged With Wife's Manslaughter When She Died Walking Home After He'd Stopped Her Drink Driving
- A man accused of the fatal run over of his wife after preventing her from driving drunk sues the police officer who indicted him for defamation
- 2 Alabama Prison Officers Acquitted on Federal Excessive Force Charges
- Richard Kinder Case - Attorney Richard Jaffe Featured on A&E's Kids Behind Bars: Life or Parole
- 1996 Olympics Bombing: A Mistaken Trip to Birmingham Solved the 1996 Atlanta Bombings
- Formulating and Presenting Effective Sentencing Arguments When Representing Cooperators
- Birmingham Business Journal feature 'Best of the Bar: Richard Jaffe, Jaffe Hanle Whisonant & Knight PC'
- Attorney Richard Jaffe Appears on Spectrum Original's "Hunted"
- Birmingham, Alabama Mayor Randall Woodfin Pardons Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Convictions
- Heidi Harris Show Podcast #270: Attorney Richard Jaffe on Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Stand Your Ground hearing Wednesday for suspect in Trussville Cracker Barrel shooting death
- Wrongful Conviction with Jason Flom - Randal Padgett
- Birmingham defense attorney reacts to ADC under investigation
- Book Review: Quest for Justice by Richard Jaffe
- Family of Alabama Death Row Inmate Seeks Just Mercy
- Trussville Cracker Barrel parking lot shooting trial continued
- An Alabama man might be innocent after years on death row
- B-Metro Names Top Attorneys in Birmingham: 18 Hall of Fame & 12 Stars of the Bar to Be Highlighted
- Business executive pleads guilty in Alabama legislative bribery scheme
- Some states say voters should not decide who's on the bench
- Alabama State Bar - White Collar Crime Committee
- Oliver Robinson sentenced to less than three years in prison
- Feds seek suspected dealer's bitcoins after 60 pound pill bust.
- Bowen’s lawyers appeal bond amount
- Parents frustrated over bus driver’s plea agreement for DUI charge
- Attorney Helps Homeless Man Rebuild His Life
- Valencia sexual abuse case delayed 30 days
- I found Roy Moore's Jewish Attorney - It's Not Who You Think
- Did judicial override end in Alabama? Some say judges can still override jury to impose death penalty
- Oliver Robinson enters not guilty plea to conspiracy, bribery
- Getting Rid Of Judicial Override Is Only The First Step
- The Defenders - It takes a special breed of lawyer to defend in a high-stakes murder case
- The Best and Nicest: Making the Grade With the American College of Trial Lawyers
- "...and justice for all." -- A Series by Alabama Public Radio
- Birmingham defense attorney believes death penalty's days are numbered in AL
- Execution of Ronald Smith resurfaces concerns over death-penalty drug
- A Primer on Preparing for the Prosecution’s Expert
- History Corrected — The Scottsboro Boys Are Officially Innocent
- Alabama Supreme Court rejects Shelby DA's appeal of stand your ground case
- Cross-Examination: Ten Principles - As featured in "The Champion"
- Birmingham man sentenced in string of violent carjackings and home invasion
- Appeals court affirms Shelby County judge's order tossing out murder charge based on Stand Your Ground law
- Justice Reform: "What is three years on death row worth?"
- Bessemer grocery store owner sentenced, ordered to pay $5.2 million in food stamp fraud case
- Death sentence in Pelham police officer murder could be overturned
- The defenders
- Harper Lee inspires attorney's fight for justice
- Gov. Robert Bentley reveals prison overcrowding plan
- Alabama 'Stand Your Ground' immunity hearings becoming more common.
- Former Boaz Housing Authority comptroller sentenced to prison in $160K theft.
- Stand Your Ground shooting to be reviewed by appeals court.
- Calera man cleared of murder charge understand your ground.
- Alabama judge tosses murder indictment; says man immune under 'Stand Your Ground
- Legal experts weigh in on Tuscaloosa police video. ABC3340 sat down with Birmingham attorneys Eric Guster and Richard Jaffe to get their take.
- The outrageous conviction of Montez Spradley - Washington Post, September 21, 2015
- Richard S. Jaffe Joins Board of Directors of Nation's Top Criminal Defense Organization
- Attorney Jaffe Receives NAACP Service Award
- Sentenced Life Without Parole at 17 and Denied Freedom at 52
This is my testimonial for a firm that believes in each of their clients
“This is my testimonial for a firm that believes in each of their clients. A firm that knows how important your seconds are. A firm that shares concern and will fight with you in the battle taking steps with each of yours. A team that is solely committed on YOU and making you Never feel like a number but instead a human being! I highly recommend them because they are a TEAM!”
I can honestly say, things wouldn't have gone so well had we not walked into your office.
“As the meetings went on and the court sessions came and went, with your encouragement and your knowledge and your transparency you gave us hope and gave us peace during a very stressful time.”
Mr. Jaffe and Mr. Hanle did an excellent job with my son's case.
“Mr. Jaffe and Mr. Hanle did an excellent job with my son's case. The lawyers that were handling the case previously did a really poor job and Mr. Jaffe and Mr. Hanle were able to salvage the case with their work. They did an excellent job under the circumstances and I don't think they could have done a better job.”
Our attorneys have 100+ years of experience collectively.
The only firm in the country to free 3 men from death row through new trials.
Both senior partners are Past Presidents of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Our lawyers will give you the attention you deserve.
Super Lawyers has recognized our founding partner as one of the top lawyers in the State.
All four of the firm's Partners are recognized by Super Lawyers.
Highly experienced and knowledgeable in federal courts.
We’ve handled thousands of cases for clients throughout Alabama and have developed many successful resolutions.