Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Legal Representation for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Alabama
At Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C., we understand the devastating impact that motorcycle accidents can have on individuals and their families. Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries, extensive medical bills, and emotional trauma. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Birmingham, Alabama, our experienced team of motorcycle accident lawyers is here to provide you with the legal representation you need to pursue justice and fair compensation.
Call Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C. today at (205) 900-7714 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our motorcycle accident attorney in Birmingham!
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur due to various factors, and identifying the cause is crucial when building a strong legal case. Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers distracted by their phones, navigation systems, or other activities can easily overlook motorcycles on the road, leading to dangerous collisions.
- Negligent Drivers: Drivers who fail to yield the right of way, change lanes without checking blind spots, or violate traffic laws contribute to motorcycle accidents.
- Lane Splitting: Motorcycles maneuvering between lanes of slow-moving or stopped traffic, also known as lane splitting, can lead to accidents if other drivers are unaware or unprepared for their presence.
- Speeding: Excessive speeding reduces the ability of both motorcyclists and other drivers to react to changing road conditions, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Intoxicated Driving: Alcohol or drug impairment significantly impairs a driver's judgment and reaction time, making them more prone to causing accidents involving motorcycles.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Motorcycle Accident in Alabama
Alabama's statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including motorcycle accidents, is typically two years from the accident date. However, exceptions can apply depending on the circumstances, so it is crucial to consult with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer promptly.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
When you pursue a motorcycle accident claim, you may be eligible to recover various types of damages, depending on the specific circumstances of your case. Some common types of damages that can be recovered in a motorcycle accident claim include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes current and future medical bills, hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, and other medical costs associated with treating your injuries.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages and any future earning capacity that has been impacted.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation may be awarded for physical pain, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life resulting from the accident and your injuries.
- Property Damage: If your motorcycle or other personal property was damaged in the accident, you may be eligible to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Wrongful Death: In the tragic event that a loved one has lost their life in a motorcycle accident, their surviving family members may pursue a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional suffering.
Contact Our Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Birmingham, Alabama, our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers at Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C. are here to help. We deeply understand the laws surrounding motorcycle accidents and are committed to fighting for the rights of accident victims. We aim to secure fair compensation for your injuries, losses, and emotional distress.
Contact Jaffe, Hanle, Whisonant & Knight, P.C. today to schedule a FREE consultation with our motorcycle accident lawyer in Birmingham!
Potential Reckless Murder
Notice of Order- 01-CC-1983-003916.00
State v. F.P.
White-Collar Crime & Elder Financial Abuse
State v. L.A.
Distribution of a Controlled Substance
State v. R.G.
I can’t say thank you enough. God bless you JB.
“I cried when they told me it was over.”
Delighted with this outcome, exceeded our high expectations.
“The difficult events, from polygraph to psychological exam, were handled professionally which minimized the trauma on my son and our family. Please extend my gratitude to all involved.”
I am forever indebted to this firm.
“I would recommend this firm to any God-fearing man who wants to be treated as more than just an attorney/client relationship. This firm handled an allegation against me involving healthcare offenses. I have dealt with many attorneys in the past and this is the only firm that I consider family. Looking back and meeting other people who have been through similar white-collar circumstances makes you realize what a great job they really did for me. I am forever indebted to this firm.”